Friday 29 March 2013

That Time I Filleted a Fish All By Myself (Warning; Graphic Content)

Hello out there!

Last week, after a family brunch, we decided it would be fun to stop by a local market to see what goodies we could pick up there. Somehow we went from picking up some fruits and veggies to taking home a whole Striped Bass for dinner. What can I say- I felt adventurous.

This is my friend, Mr. Striped Bass
Now, as a kid I loved to go fishing, but I always set my little guys free. I never learned how to clean and cut one properly, but I have watched a lot of Food Network shows and a lot of Gordon Ramsey television. There is also this awesome resource on the interwebs called YouTube. Seriously- you should check it out!


I did a very clean job, if I do say so myself!

Then came time cook. That I can do.

I created a marinade for my fillets:


  • 1 cup Camelina Oil
  • Juice and pulp of 3 fresh limes
  • 2 cloves of garlic (pressed)
  • Approx. 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro (finely chopped) 
  • Approx. 2 tbsp honey 
  • Salt to taste
  • Crushed red pepper flakes to taste*
*Sorry about the approximate measurements- I tend to cook by taste, not by measurement.



I let the fillets marinate in our awesome Vacu Vin Instant Marinater (an awesome invention).


Then I let Hubby cook them :)

Supper Time!


Delicious!


What's Camelina oil you ask?

Three Farmers Camelina Oil


Stay tuned for another blog post... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment