Tuesday 24 September 2013

AYFKM?!: J. Crew Baby

J. Crew's announcement that it will be adding a line of baby clothes to its collection has inspired a new type of post I will affectionately be categorizing as "Are You Freaking Kidding Me?!".  [A close-second was "Kujo's Kall-Outs".]


Let's just take a quick look at a screenshot of the J.Crew Baby Landing Page...

Above you can see the "above-the-fold" view of the page (with my annotations in red); a.k.a. what they deem to be the most important content for anyone navigating to the page; a.k.a. what will keep you clicking and eventually get you buying. 

Italian Cashmere?! For reals? 

Yes, I would LOVE to dress my little girl up in this adorable polka-dotted (MamaKujo LOVES polka-dots), cozy looking sweater, but not for ONE-HUNDRED-AND-SIXTY-EIGHT FREAKING DOLLARS! $168! I cringe at the thought of a Mommy-sized sweater for $168. Are you freaking kidding me?!

Babies get dirty. They spit up, drool, vomit, poop in their pants, roll or crawl around on the floor. They also grow out of clothing sizes in the blink of an eye. I'd sooner toss $168 into the diaper genie! 
And $24 for a bib?! Are you freaking kidding me?!

You do know that a bib's entire purpose for existing is to GET DIRTY, don't you?! Babies wear bibs to catch the spit up, drool, food, vomit, etc. that is constantly leaking from their faces so that their $168 dollar Italian Cashmere sweaters won't get ruined. Why would I spend $24 for a shmatah?!


There are also sandals for $120, blankets for $228, wool stuffed toys for $88, and on and on, and I need to stop before I vomit!  

Does anyone over there at J. Crew Baby even have kids?! Don't even answer that because I won't believe you if you tell me you do. Or I'll just know that you're a shmuck.

I love J. Crew's style- some of my favourite pieces in my wardrobe are J. Crew staples. I also love baby clothes (who doesn't?!). This is just one of those cases where 1+1 does not equal 2 for this mama.



Leave a comment down below-  I would love to hear your reactions to this. What do you think? Am I over-reacting?!


No comments:

Post a Comment