Thursday 26 September 2013

The First Time Leaving Baby

Today I am a sad Mommy in need of some pep talking. Tomorrow I leave to spend my first (and second) night away from my baby girl. Yes, I know I have gone longer than most in taking this leap (she's 21 months), but maybe that's why it feels so scary.


I have a fun-filled, busy weekend in the Big Apple to celebrate my BFF's upcoming nuptials, and I am SO excited! It's all just a little bitter-sweet: getting some needed mommy time, time with old friends and family, but I know I will be missing my girl. 

Goodness knows she'll probably be having too much fun with Daddy to even notice I'm missing!



Help a Mama out, dear readers... Pep talk? Advice? Words of encouragement? Please leave 'em in the comments below!

1 comment:

  1. It will be hard, but you'll become distracted by all the awesomeness that you will be surrounded by and you will 'forget' for a while. Skype may work (though some Moms find it makes it harder on THEM, not baby). And a phone call at bedtime always helps. The time will fly by and Missy will be sooo excited to see Momma! Have a great time in the Big Apple!! xo

    ReplyDelete