Tuesday 6 August 2013

Adventures in Moving: Updates

You all may have noticed that I've been either MIA or hiding behind my book review posts for the last few weeks. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem- right? I confess. I have been hiding. No question. Procrastinating as much as possible so as not to have to do a move update. Guilty.

It's coming. I swear it is. 

Here's my defense: 

1. Our move did not go as smoothly (not even close) as planned, as evidenced by previous posts.

2. The amount of work we ended up doing in the house ran over time due to unforeseen issues, so while we moved our things in on the scheduled moving date, we did not actually sleep in the house until about 5 or 6 days later.

3. Once we finally got in to our new house, this mama also started a brand-spanking new job, so the moving-in process has greatly slooooooooowed.

4. Softball. MamaKujo and hubby, The Funny Accountant (shameless plug- but notice how little time he's had to keep up with his blog posts, too!) both play softball. Our evenings do not exist most weeks.

5. The Kujos went on our first family vacation to Cape Cod for a week. That also means we spent the week before prepping and packing, and the week after cleaning and doing laundry.

6. In between all of this craziness, we have had numerous out-of-town guests come in to town to visit plus other family obligations. 





Mea culpa. 



I promise that I will get myself together, collect my thoughts and pictures (and get over my frustration at the lack of progress I've made despite wanting to share with you all a perfectly organized and decorated home by now) and provide a beautiful, complete update as soon as humanly possible. 


Thank you all for your support and patience! 


Big hugs and kisses!





No comments:

Post a Comment